Monday, May 17, 2010

Running Behind

Been Meaning to Update this but just been running behind on this stuff... I went home two weeks ago and got to bring home a ton of fabric, that I cannot wait to get to use.. there our pictures that will be posted below. This whole making bags.. has really got me back in touch with my creative side and has made me come up with so many different ideas! Which I can ONLY hope to actually get to make a reality and show you. Also At the moment.. I made myself a candle, working on my moms birthday gift... which is still a surprise and I am slowly but surely working on the next bag. So the pics coming up below are the progress I have made so far.. which isn't much but still...

The Process and Progress


So this is a Crazy Animal Print Large Tote/Beach Bag I am making for a friend...
The Process begins with me cutting the Print and lining out. The Difference between making a larger tote as opposed to a regular tote is I have to cute out 2 other pieces. I have to cute out 2 smaller sides for the bag to attach to the 2 larger Front and Back Pieces and 1 slightly bigger piece to use as the bottom.





These are the 2 pockets I added to the lining on the piece that I will just call the Back Piece.



Prepping a side (we will call it Side A) to be sewn to the back piece...



Back and Side A Sewn Together



Prepping Side A to be Sewn together to the front side

New Fabrics



Betty Boop Collage



Dinosaurs



Hot Pink and White Polka Dots



Chinese Red and Gold Print

I have more fabrics that I have yet to take picture of... but if you like ANY of these Fabrics for a Bag please tell me so I can make one for you = )


Random




The Candle that I had made!

Alrighty, off to sew that bag and work on my mom's birthday gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment