Sunday, April 25, 2010

Starting Out

So.... I have a creative side. Whether or not I am talented.. that is your opinion, but I have fun making things. Right now, my main focus is bags and blankets. I started making bags in High school and had a lot of fun doing it and got TONS of compliments but stopped after my sewing machine broke. Two years later I moved to Los Angeles and walked into a JoAnn's down here to finish making a blanket for my Fiance. I ended up spending over an hour looking at all the fabrics. I LOVE looking at fabrics, I instantly become a kid in a candy store. I'm the same with book stores too. All I want to do is buy EVERYTHING!

As far as making bags go, they are pretty basic ideas, but every time I make a bag I come up with new ways to make things better or different and I come up with new designs (at least for me to try.) I hoping to start selling my bags to people at a low price and to be able to almost customize it to what the costumer wants as well as making every bag one of a kind.



This is the most recent bag I have made. It was my first time making a LARGE tote bag. I ended up making this for my Cousin Taylor's Birthday.



This is the Interior of the bag, This was also my first time adding pockets into a Bag...

Later on I will find some of my older bags I have made and post pictures of them.


What I Am Up To Now...


I have a few ideas in mind and cannot WAIT to get them started! Here are the samples of what I will be doing and the fabrics I will be using...


Left: Interior Lining
Top: Gold Chain Handle
Right: Exterior Bag Pattern.
I am Excited, I love this pattern! I am making this for a friend. It will be a large tote/beach bag with 2 interior pockets. This is my first time using chain handles and grommets, So it is a new challenge that I cannot wait to begin!

Other fabrics I have at the moment....



Honestly, this photo does NOT do justice to how pretty this fabric is... The silver lines you see are actual very shiny and sparkly. I haven't decided what exactly to do with this fabric. It is so Pretty that I want to make a bag for it, but sadly I think it would be better suited for the interior lining of the bag.



Well this fabric is cute and when I saw it, it instantly reminded me of a girl I babysat for. So, I have decided to make a tote bag for her out of this pattern.



If you see any fabrics that you like and would like a bag made out of it or if you just would like a bag made for you. Please contact me. I work with my clients on a one on one basis. Searching for fabric they will like as well as customizing the bag to their preference.

No comments:

Post a Comment